Cheap Car Insurance San Jose
San Jose is one of California s biggest cities, and is only getting bigger. Silicon Valley continues its rapid growth, which means more and more drivers and, for many of those drivers, more time spent on the road. As is the case in most large cities, it’s important to compare all the options for cheap car insurance that San Jose can offer.
The state of California requires drivers to carry sufficient liability insurance to pay for property damage and medical costs if you re at fault in an accident.
California requires two kinds of liability insurance: bodily injury liability ($15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident) and property damage liability ($5,000 per accident). This basic coverage pays for damage you cause, but not damage to your own car. And what happens if you are hit by an uninsured driver?
But liability coverage won t cover the cost of repairs if you re struck by an uninsured driver (estimates show up to 23% of California drivers don t carry insurance). Also, if you re financing or leasing a car, you ll probably be required to carry collision or comprehensive insurance until the loan is paid or the lease ends.
Most companies allow you to tailor an auto policy to fit your situation. Whether you re looking for basic coverage or the full package, make sure your plan offers flexible policy options to meet your needs, including:
- Product damage liability covers damage to another vehicle when you are at fault in an accident
- Bodily injury liability covers medical costs for injured passengers or drivers when you are at fault in an accident
- Personal injury protection/medical covers medical costs for yourself regardless of who is at fault
- Collision covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision regardless of fault
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers damage to your vehicle when the at-fault driver s insurance coverage is insufficient to pay for damages
- Comprehensive damage coverage covers damage to your vehicle regardless of the cause (may include floods, weather, animals) as well as theft
- Rental reimbursement pays for the cost of a rental vehicle while your car is being repaired or replaced
Also look for other discounts you may be eligible for, such as:
- Discounts for safety courses taken
- Marital discounts
- Good driver discounts
- Multi-car discounts
- Multi-policy discounts
- Association discounts
- Education discounts
- Occupation discounts
- Excess vehicle discounts
- Mileage discounts
California has more competition for your business than almost any other state in the nation. So, if you re a San Jose driver, make sure your car insurance policy is meeting your current needs.
How Can We Help You?
Our Customer Service department is available to answer questions you may have about your policy. California residents call (800) 486-1866. all other locations call (916) 485-6969. A team of highly trained professionals are available from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Copyright 2017 CheapInsurance.com . All rights reserved.
Follow Us! Facebook Twitter maps